Friday, January 02, 2015

Check this one off the list

Before the movie people would just say I want to do ___ before ___ (I'm 40, I've had kids, I'm dead, etc).  Don't get me wrong, I had heard of a bucket list before the movie using that term, but it wasn't as saturated through our culture as it is now.

I don't know that I have a true bucket list, or that I've honestly sat down and given it true thought.  If I were to make one it would consist of at least this - Visit all 13 original colonies (which has now become visit all states along the eastern seaboard), travel internationally, see a Broadway show in NYC, turn one of my ideas for a story into a novel, walk the Ravenel bridge (follow the link for really old pics from me of the bridge or just google search for new ones)from end to end, travel the South Carolina Heritage Corridor Discovery Trail.

Of the things I have listed above I have managed to see a Broadway show in NYC (Lion King in 2010), traveled the Discovery Trail (5th anniversary trip in 2008), and today I walked the Ravenel bridge from end to end.

I never made myself find the time before today, I also thought it would take me an excessively long time (which it might have 5 months ago) but now the distance is within a range that I am trying to walk regularly and today I sent Ann to "school" and then made the time to do it.  (Image above is a screen shot from my mapmywalk page).

Now that I've checked that off of my list I think it's time to truly sit down and create that bucket list of things I want to do.  I'm sure that if I take the time to do that it is a little more detailed than what I have put down above.

No comments: