Monday, December 05, 2005

The "Arthur Ravenel Jr Bridge"

This is where how much I am like my father comes through, especially since I have a digital camera. I don't have to spend the money on film and developing, I'll take all the pictures I want.

These are pictures of the new and old Cooper River Bridges. I think the new bridge is absolutely beautiful.

These two pictures were taken from the observation deck of the SC Aquarium on November 19

This is the best I could do to get the whole of the new bridge in:




This is the best I could do to get the view of the height comparison between the new and the old from where I was standing:





The next four pictures are from yesterday (12/4) while Chad was driving up to and over the bridge. We went at about 4:45 in the afternoon.







The next images are when we walked the bridge in our special walking/biking lane. We came up from the Mount Pleasant side and only went to the second tower. Just to the second tower and back from where we parked was about three miles. It was very windy but the temperature was fine.







These are in the order that I took them. It's very interesting how the setting sunlight can play with the appearance. I'm also glad we went yesterday because, while I haven't figured out which section it will be, another section of the old bridges will be coming down (exploded) tomorrow. I think it's one of the pieces in the last picture.


Anyway, that's all for now. If you click on the pictures you will get to see them in a little bit of a larger size. I'll need to go through all of the pictures that I have and start posting them now. I don't know when the next one will be though. I have to start back with twelve hours this week since this round of the classes the unit is giving us is over as of tomorrow.

Take care everyone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who likes bridges. LOL You should go here and check out this bridge....

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6711265/

Melissa said...

I watched a show on National Geographic about building that bridge. It was so neat.