Wednesday, July 21, 2010

... I'm back in the blogging mood

So, after thinking about it once again for weeks and weeks it seems that I am back in the blogging mood.  Those of you that know me are probably not surprised seeing as this is just before my usual time that I jump back on my blog pre NaBloPoMo/NaNoWriMo (the first of which I've participated in, the second of which I've thought about participating in) and that I have big life changing events happening that would cause this mood to come early.

For those that don't know me let me see if I can easily sum myself up...
I'm a Neonatal ICU nurse who lives in beautiful Charleston, SC with my husband of seven years.  We are expecting our first child in October, which is the big life changing event I refer to above.  I take and assist with instructing Wado Ryu karate and look forward to getting my black belt next year.  I am a crafter who knows how to knit, crochet, basic beading, cross stitch, and am a beginning sewer/quilter, plus I occasionally make forays into scrap booking/card making and clay work.  I want to produce more than I do, and mostly that's my fault for wasting.  I dabble with photography and long to get up the nerve to start writing fiction again.  I easily over-extend myself, or so it seems as so much of what I do flows easily from one thing to another.  I have just as long of a list for what I do or am trying to do as a nurse as my crafting but we will not get into that right now.

One goal I have always had is to keep a better journal of my life, even if it seems to be mundane to me.  The closest that I have ever come is this blog, although I keep things as neutral as possible for multiple reasons.  I always post more when this feeling of keeping a journal is weighing more heavily upon me and the best I have done in the past is NaBloPoMo and weekly updates on Sunday.

Of course, expecting our first little one (affectionately referred to as Pumpkin) is reviving this once again and I'm going to put in an honest attempt to get into the habit now so I can do it for Pumpkin when born.  Even if I can't post here everyday (and I'm not going to try to pretend that I can with my schedule) I want to spend five minutes a day writing in a notebook simple notes of what has happened and how I've felt.

So, here I am once again on a "redesigned" blog (new title, new background), with a back log of things I know my family would like to hear about.  Lets just say I have pictures of our recent trip on Facebook for those who want to look, Pumpkin is good and growing well, and I'm in the final stages of organizing my house to be ready for Pumpkin.  In the next week I plan on sharing what I've been working on and getting back into the habit of blogging again.

So, there you have it.  I'll share more soon!

No comments: