Thursday, July 22, 2010

This isn't working

If I sit down and look at things that I do some of the things I don't do because I find them too tedious are very interesting.  I'll cross stitch, do bead loom work, knit, crochet.  Sometimes I'll spend hours setting up templates on the computer.  I will not do latch hook or full blown traditional scrapbooking (I'll do little things but much prefer to incorporate the computer into it).  Those are the two biggest things in crafting I can think of off the top of my head that I find too tedious to do.  I don't know why, I just do.  And considering that I understand that cross-stitch and beading loom work can be really tedious I don't pretend to try to be able to explain this.
 
Another thing that I find too tedious to do consistantly is to keep my schedule on a digital calendar.  It's not as if I don't have plenty of options available to me from my cell phone, Yahoo, Google, MS Outlook, etc, the capabilities are more then there and I understand how to use them if I wanted to.  But I find it way to tedious to enter in everything or click on every day to look at what I have written down when I'm filling out my schedule for work  I have found that I like to be a traditional in this and use pencil and paper.
 
This year I slightly changed the paper and pencil format I was using and now as we are almost all the way to August, I can say that it's not working.  I decided that this year, instead of making it myself and using just a monthly insert calendar I would buy a small one that had both a monthly view and weekly/daily view for the details.  Big mistake because I'm findnig it to tedious to mark that I have things on such and such day and then go for the details further back.  I'm not able to manage this at all.
 
That means I'm going back to my tried and true do it myself method.  Three ring binder and computer templates here I come.  And this will take me hours to do.  But, if all goes as planned, and I set it up correctly I can even have a section for my daily five minute journal I want to do.  It's worth a shot and has worked better than anything else before.
 
Just one question before I begin all the work again (after I finish this rotation of work days) anyone know of a good free website with templates for planner pages that they like to use?  If there is something already out there that would work I'll use it, but I have no problem doing it myself if I need to.

No comments: