So, you haven't really even heard about penguin progress in a while. That's partially because I've been procrastinating on the seaming.
Not because I hate seaming, actually I'm kind of indifferent to it, but because I haven't liked the look of my seaming. But like everything I've improved on it. Certainly my teddy bears were much better than this:
Then there's the "beach boy" I made for my sister last year, those seams are really coming apart. So much so that in evaluating it after bringing it home to fix, I'm going to have to take it completely apart again and re-seam it.
I promise you that when I do that now though, I'll be using the mattress stitch.
I didn't quite understand the mattress stitch, so I had been avoiding it. Finally I said somethings got to give and pulled up the tutorial from MochiMochi Land and went to work.
These are my final results with the first one I've tried this on:
And there's always the side by side comparison.
Even without the feet and wings attached yet there's a huge difference!
The next step is to attach the feet and wings and hand it over to Kelly to see what type of damage she can do. If it can hold up to here when I'm at Mom and Dad's next week, it will survive just about anything!