Sunday, November 02, 2008

Another Week Gone By

Having updated you about SAFF there isn't too much to tell about the rest of the week.  Chad and I toured the College of Charleston as he decides about going back to school for his bachelors in biochemistry.  It was a very nice tour but definately geared to the high school student becoming the traditional college student instead of the non-traditional adult student.
 
After that it the week was wrapped up in keeping little appointments - maintenance on Chad's car, etc; working, and halloween.
 
Halloween was nice.  I met up with my friend Sue and had lunch (well, breakfast for her and lunch/dinner for me as I had worked night shift) and then went home and straightened up to prepare the house for trick-or-treaters.  We had a good turnout in comparisson to last year.  Both Chad and I worked last year so before Chad left for work only 5 had come by the house.  This year, we ran out of candy - I had enough for at least 30 and by 8:30 I had run out!  We will be better prepared next year.
 
The only other thing really going on with me is that I'm planning and starting Christmas crafts.  I've got a lot on my plate, but all projects that I know how long they take me so that makes it better.  I'm not foragging into doing something new like I did last year.
 
This is  the foreign part to me because truly trying to make gifts for everyone has me talking and thinking about Christmas LONG before I care to see the commercial aspect of Christmas happen.  It's appalling to me that I've seen K-Mart layaway commercials already - actually for at least three days before Halloween - Wal-Mart and other non crafting stores already have Christmas up as well.  And I have a feeling that I will completely loose it when I hear a Christmas song on the radio stations if it's before Thanksgiving.  And from some of the comments I've seen, I think some of the stations out there are already playing them, I just don't listen to those stations.  I get so annoyed by the playing of the "Christmas" music - becuase it's mostly the pop jingles that have nothing to do with the reason for Christmas over and over and over again with one more time for good measure - that I will listen to nothing but NPR or my MP3 player until two days before Christmas.
 
That catches us up for the week, I'll talk to you all tomorrow!

No comments: