Saturday, November 01, 2008

ABC -Along

So, I figured I would finally catch up on my ABC-along posts. You see, I was very bad and got stuck on the letter L and forgot/didn't take the time to catch up until now.

Without further ado, I give you the missing posts, with two (or three) cheats - or pictures/video I did not take.

L is for Lemmings - such a silly little puzzle game that I enjoy so much. One day I'm actually going to figure it all out and finish the game.









M is for Muppets - if you're a regular here, there is no need for me to explain. They are an integral part of my life and I get such enjoyment from them.

The next picture is for both my N and my O as if you click on it to enlarge you'll see what I'm talking about for O.

N is for nursing - it's my career and apparently from the story I've been told, I said that's what I was going to do from the time I was two and didn't waiver until college when I was being foolish.
O is for operation - I've had two in my life and the scar from the first one sits on my chin. I had a birth mark removed when I was in 9th grade and the scar is what remains.

P is for photography. I really enjoy working with my camera and pictures when I have the time and it's one of the few things I do that I am able to share with others without feeling that I'm fishing for compliments about what I've done.





Q is for quaint - I consider our house to be a nice quaint one as it's simple and makes me satisfied to be there with Chad and our visitors enjoying what we have.


S is for Sunrise/Sunset - I love the colors produced and living on the coast, if I time it right and use the motivation to go, I can see some beautiful ones. This is a sunset taken while standing on the bridge during our first year here (we've now been living here three years!).








T is for trains - I told you about Elephants and Ann and Marvin in my E post. Marvin's favorite thing is trains. They hold the same place for me that elephants do, side by side, connected forever.

U is for Upstairs - I've always wanted a two story house and have one now. There's really no reason for it but I've always loved the thought of having an upstairs and downstairs. Thanks to my arthritis I'm sure that we won't always live in a two story house, so I'll enjoy it while I can.



And V is another cheat as I'll direct you to follow the link to the pictures.

V is for violin

I played violin for two years - fifth and sixth grade - and really did enjoy it. Unfortunately I never continued on with it much to the dismay of my sixth grade strings teacher. What I never had the heart to tell him was that the reasons I chose drama over strings were the fact that after two years I still could not read music, I played by ear (which he could have picked up on based on his comments to me if he had payed attention) and I was not close to ever being able to even pick out one note without the proper finger placement taped to the instrument.

It was a shame but unfortunately that was what I had to live with.


. . .And that catches me up to date with the posting schedule! Four letters left through the end of the year everyone. I think I can do it, how about you?

2 comments:

"Skipper" said...

Hello! I'm a fellow NaBloPoMo knitter and just stopped by to wish you well on your 'post a day.' I also live on the coast... the west coast, of Canada. :-)

kasiaiscarly said...

Wow, that's a big catch up! You skipped R, though :) I really like your P for photography!