Thursday, October 09, 2008

Little of this and a little of that...

I figured, since I have a free moment and my mind feels nice and clear, that I should pop in here and say hi to everyone!

Really I'm just in a silly mood right now and doing lots of planning so I'm trying to calm myself down. I've been thinking about Christmas gifts and the time I need to start putting into them NOW - which means I have to clean out the second bedroom and get rid of things that I'm holding onto just because and keep the things that I will truly work with.

The goal for this is Sunday. And then that means Monday I can put together the official Christmas list - at least of the things that I can handle doing because there are just some gifts that Chad is better at picking out - and get started. Last year I ran out of time for some of the projects I wanted because a few gifts took me longer than I planned...

Have you noticed a pattern of how I tend to do that? Underestimate the time it takes me to do something and my continued interest in said thing to keep me motivated to do it?
...
So have I, and I'm working on it.

I also have plans to go to SAFF with at least some inklings of projects I want yarn for so that I don't end up with all on color (I've noticed my projects are kind of drab or all orient to be blue/green) or one weight (I've been on a lace kick lately, and I've already got quite a bit of lace yarn in the house... I need projects that will be a bit speedier too). Never mind the types of notions I may or may not want - ball winder, (Chad should be able to make me a swift the more I look at designs) wpi tool, felting needles, books, etc... And I want to get Dawn something really nice from there too.

I had been thinking about talking Chad into letting me buy a spinning wheel, but now I'm leaning more away from it. If I'm still thinking about it next year though... perhaps then.

Knitting wise, I'm both excited and frustrated as I'm getting closer to finishing my vest (both of the projects are listed in the ticker on the side) as I'm now working on the front shoulders but I've had to rip back my Feather and Fan shawl after somehow loosing a significant number of stitches in one repeat.

But the biggest thing that has me energized today - other than having no problems getting through my yearly competency test at MUSC - is that tonight Chad and I are going with our friend Karen to see Terry Fator!!

If you don't remember that's the ventriloquist that won America's Got Talent in 2007 that I loved immensely. He brought me to tears with his Jim Henson Kermit imitation and I'm thrilled that he's coming to North Charleston so that I can see him (better than going to Vegas at this point in time - but give me a few years and I'll get Chad to take me out there too).

So, that's it for now. I'll leave you with the clip of Terry Fator performing on America's Got Talent What a Wonderful World. This is the one that brought me to tears when I saw it.

No comments: