Wednesday, January 16, 2008

WIP Wednesday with Finished Objects!

It's late this evening but I am able to update you on my WIP's and finished objects! Yippee!!


So, my current WIPS are:

My For Me?! project doesn't look much different than before because I have spent more time finishing than putting in over my five minutes each day. That changes tomorrow as I need to get that off the hook by the end of this month. For that reason, there is no picture of it.

And, I am swatching for my Feather and Fan shawl. The first swatch can be seen below.

I'm almost finished with the second swatch and then I will wash and block to see which gauge I like best. (Not very exciting, but hey, it's progress.)

And as of this moment (and I do mean this moment) that is all that there is on the needles and hooks. That means that I finished Convertible! You can see it folded here:
Since I finished late this evening I haven't been able to take the pictures I want to yet, but you'll get better pictures.

This was made with two skeins of Red Hart Soft Baby in color way Angel Print. The dye lots were the same but there is a difference between the beginning of the shawl and the end. I'm not worried about it though.

I started this second attempt at this (the first was frogged) in October and have put it down and picked it up multiple times. We'll see how I really like it after I wear it out (Friday of course).

Then the second Raffle blanket for the Primary Nursing committee is finished. Here's the pair side by side:

Also, I received news that my helmet liner has been received by my BIL and that he really likes it. So I'm thrilled both because he likes it and because it fits!

I'm feeling very accomplished this month.

So next up for me is to continue to prepare to start Feather and Fan, which will be my at home project. I am designing a purse for my next For Me?! project (but details will come about that on cast on day Feb 1.). I am going into my stash and getting some yarn that has ended up in the frog pond from one failed blanket attempt and doing a Tunisian crochet blanket with that, which I plan on working on at the knitting meetings this weekend. And finally I am going to start a pair of traveling socks.

And that's just the actual knitting and crocheting. I've got a few more other projects up my sleeves while I'm off.

That does me for now. I'm ready to go to bed to transition completely back to my regular schedule.

Later!

No comments: