Thursday, January 24, 2008

B is for...

Blankets!
It really is a shame that I live in a state that doesn't have enough of a winter to suit me. What's even sadder about that point is that I've lived in this state all my life so I don't know any different. But I LOVE blankets. I can't have enough. The above pictures are all blankets that have been given to my husband and/or me as gifts over the years. I have crocheted, knitted, fleece, store bought... and this is not all of them either, these are just what I could gather from around the house in two minutes, well two minutes easily. There are one or two (or more) buried under a few things that I can't grab easily at this moment.

I love to have the house cold (for me at this time that's thermostat set for 67 degrees Farenheit) and snuggle up under a blanket. I have the thermostat set at that and still turn on the fan in the bedroom before going to sleep at night so that I can snuggle under the covers.

And they are wonderful to have around when I've got people in all corners of my house.

This blanket:
is the first crocheted one I received from my grandmother (Dad's mom) and at the time it matched my bedding.

This second one:
is the next crocheted one from my grandmother (same) after getting married. With Chad and me you really can't go wrong with hunter green or navy blue and the two colors match.

This knitted one:
is from my aunt (on my dad's side... do we see where the yarn obession stems from?).

And this:
Is one of four blankets that my mom has made for Chad and me. Instant gratification she calls it as it's so simple to make it only takes about an hour (I've made a few to give as gifts myself). Just get the fleece in the size you want, cut and tie together. That's it!

So, my B is for blankets that I am thoroughly enjoying while I can at this time. Today's high is actually only supposed to be 46! I love it.


And for those that were here after I published this last night... I'm such a dingbat. I'm sorry, I tried to save this as I realized my pictures weren't up to par for posting but published instead.

No comments: