Sunday, January 20, 2008

And so it goes...

Hello again to all of you who check my weekly updates! (I believe that's my extended family members out there.) If you haven't already noticed, a bug has gotten a hold of me and I have been blogging more often.

This past week, Chad and I have continued on our normal course. This time it was work at the beginning of the week and our days off are together right now.

Chad received a package for his fish and dove into it before I could get package pictures. Nothing very exciting to show on its own, but he's working on the finishing touches to the tank in it's current state for me to be able to show you later (as in I'll take pictures tomorrow or so). I can tell you it's looking really good.

I have been to Karate, knitted, crocheted and the usual. CHARMS met Friday and a new knitting group, Summerville Knitters met today at the library. We had a very nice turnout (seven including me) and enjoyed seeing how each of us do our own techniques and will be on our way to teaching as well. We're going to meet once a month, so between the two I'll get some nice crafting time in.

Other than that, Chad and I saw The Bucket List yesterday. It was such an enjoyable movie. Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman really worked well together. The plot is these two men meet during cancer treatments and make a list of things they'd like to do before they kick the bucket. It can be slow moving at times but I do recommend this to anyone who enjoys either (or both)of two actors.

This week I also managed to watch The Muppet Wizard of Oz finally, and it left much to be desired but wasn't as horrbile as some of the reviews I've seen; Roman Holiday - it was nice and Hepburn was just the right choice for the part; and A Street Car Named Desire - this one was okay to me, but that could be just because I didn't know the plot and thought it was going to be different than what it was.

I'm so descriptive in my reviews, aren't I? I'll have to work on that.

If you can't tell I'm trying to see some of the classics everyone talks about that I've never seen (I'll be working on that with books too). And for those of you who know me, yes I finally saw Gone with the Wind for the first time just before New Years.

Well, I hope you all have a wonderful week and I'll be back to talk to you soon!

No comments: