Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Coming back...

We have made it through to Easter!  Besides the religious meaning in it all (and I'm not minimizing that) what it means for many is that I am now signing back into facebook.  Mid-February brought a few different situations that I found myself caught up with being on that site constantly and felt it best for my mental health to stop immediately and I gave up facebook for Lent.  Then, I started my penance at least 1 week early because I wasn't paying close attention to the calendar and thought Ash Wednesday was earlier than it was this year.

What I learned was that it was good to give it up for my peace of mind and great for productivity (finished a couple projects) it was bad as I missed seeing and showing support for some of my extended family (I love you all and you've been in my thoughts!) as well as some people who are chosen family.  So, I have found that I can't call it complete quits on facebook but that I can limit myself to once or twice a week so that I'm not sucked into neglecting my needs in real life.

That said it is time to share a little.

Ann recieved a camera for her birthday and I'm just now downloading the pictures from the microsd card I put in it (but thinking about it I do believe there may be some stored on the camera itself that I need to get off.  I will have to do that next time.)

Here's just a sampling of photos from this budding photographer:

From fuzzy trips to the aquarium:




With some pictures fortunate enough to be not so fuzzy:
 She was so proud of taking this picture:



Her own camera being turned on her:



To capturing daddy:



And Ann's unique version of the selfie (I can't tell you how many pictures of her legs, feet, and shoes I found...)


A trip to Atlanta:




And me:



Another unique selfie:


And a trip to Savannah:





To finding things in the yard:


And another reason that I love digital cameras, so that I don't have to spend money developing pictures that are nothing but black and pictures of toys (although, this really makes me laugh, because she's just copying me and when I take pictures of my projects):



Plus, it makes her feel good when we go to see special things, like the mermaids at the aquarium:




Now that I have her photos out of the way.  I have been told that grandparents are expecting a few photos from me.  So, here are photos from today:


We have graduated to a bike and took it on a first ride around the neighborhood today:



Took a break at our pond to watch a family of ducks:



Earlier in the day I took her to the beach to attempt pictures in the dress that I made for her for Easter.  Here are some of the ones that made me smile while I work on editing to get our "formal" ones:







And that does us for now!  I'll be back at some point with more.

No comments: