Friday, January 20, 2012

A long day

So, I'm out of ideas today.  That's what happens when I work the stabalization unit and help with the babies who are only in their very first minutes of life.  So, I'm using the writing prompt from NaBloPoMo this month (and I'm lazy, the link for this is on the sidebar with the participant badge)

"Which do you enjoy more - the start of a book or the end?"

I can't say I've ever thought about this much.  I guess I would have to go with the start, because without a good start I just can't get my momentum going to get me to keep reading.  I'm definitely not one of those people who read the end of the book at the same time they read the start of the book, that ruins it for me.

The first few lines set the whole tone and lure me in to tell me how much I'm going to enjoy it.  If you hook me in those then I'm happy to keep reading.  I will allow though, for the first chapter to try to draw me in.

No comments: