Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Not What I Wanted it to Be

There are a million things I could blog about today, this being the last day of November and the last day I'm on a blog roll to post every day.  I could talk more about songs that I'm listening too, what's going on in the world today, politics, nursing or lots of other little topics.

Instead, I'm sitting here reflecting how this month of blogging is not what I wanted it to be.  Many things in my life are not what I wanted them to be.

Don't get me wrong.  I am not complaining about my life.  I know that I'm very spoiled and have more than I need in life and what I pray and ask for.

There are just many things, some in my control and some out of my control, that are not what I wanted them to be.  Blogging everyday this month - at the beginning I was going to blog meaningful special posts to me and they would touch others in some way.  Instead I was coming up with things last minute and didn't put the time I should into it.

That last statement - that I didn't put the time I should into it - is the problem.  With the majority of things that I'm disappointed in I don't do that for.

I know that I need to work on a solution to this.  It's affecting me quite a bit these days.  I just have to figure out my solution for it.

That said, I end this month disappointed with myself and contemplating if I'm going to do it again.  If I do it again I'll use the theme and many of the writing prompts from the website.

We will see.  If I ever dream of getting my thoughts truly down for others to read in any form, the only way is to practice.  This it seems to me, is practice.

No comments: