Saturday, March 13, 2010

Keeping Secrets

It's no secret that things have been incredibly busy around here. After all I've been finishing my Sempai academy and have received my title today! That's been a year long journey. I have been working overtime at work and recently I have started officially working at the dojo.

It's also no secret that I am a private person and do not share everything online be it through my blog or Facebook for reasons of professional images and to make life easier for me.

Certainly some things are harder to keep secret than others. It has been the latest secret that Chad and I have been keeping that has been the hardest. It certainly has kept me from blogging in any sense.

Partly, this secret has kept me from blogging not because I can't find anything to blog about, because I have plenty to say, but because my routine seems to have become to get up in the morning, do whatever I have to do for the day, and come home and go to bed.

Yes, night owl, hate to sleep me has been getting eight or more hours of sleep a night.

Additionally this secret has changed all of my plans I had for the New Year. New recipes once a week - I've really not been in the mood to eat. Exercising everyday and loosing weight - well, not everyday and not with the goal of loosing weight. It seems my nurse practitioner says I should shoot to gain about ten pounds. Earning my black belt - it won't happen this year.

A lot of those previous statements should raise flags for some people reading this. Some people have figured out my secret already. Some people know for safety reasons. Some people know because they are entirely too observant at work. And today the people that it matters the most to have found out.

So, Chad and I no longer have to keep the secret!

Yes, it's true, I'm pregnant with our first child.

As of today I am 9 weeks and 6 days. And this is how I will count my pregnancy, just look at where I work. Weeks and days make a huge difference!

I was lucky enough to have an ultrasound last week at 8 weeks and 3 days.








Today, we told our families and I'm extremely busy still. But I will catch you all up on all the news Monday after I'm home. It will be my first of almost four days off (I'll explain that later too).

Surprise!

No comments: