Friday, January 09, 2009

Such a simple pleasure...

I really can be easy to please when the weather cooperates with me. Yesterday it was in the 60's and I'm not sure what the temp was at night but the heater had to come on... Today it's been in the 50's and tonight's temp is working it's way down into the 30's.

Finally.

And I'm really sorry for those of you up north (which is anything above SC) but when I'm looking at this on the 6th:


Yes, seriously the 6th of January... and the smell of cut grass hits you hard because it really, really needed to be cut; plus my flowers are so confused that my lily's are already starting to grow and the daisies think that they may make an effort to revive themselves. It's just a little too much for even this SC native.

But finally, with the weather cooperating, I can take (and have already) the time to enjoy on of my simple pleasures in life and that is a hot cup of hot tea or chocolate (I've had both!) warming my fingers back to an agreeable temperature and making me stop shivering when Chad has to work.

A hot cup and cold hands warming is one of my favorite things in life. I don't know why, but it is one reason I think I would like to live in a place that either a) has four distinct seasons or b) swings the opposite of what I get now and has more colder weather than warm. Alas, I don't think that will be happening for me though. Who knows it may, but it's not in the reasonable future.




And just because I want to, I'll do another Friday Fill In for you!


1. It's January; time to get everything together as I've been planning.

2. Cheese sticks are what I crave most right now.

3. Cork and wine go together like wax and cheese.

4. Bread is so nourishing.

5. Let us dare to truly accomplish our hidden dreams.

6. It's time to organize my home.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to crashing in the bed, tomorrow my plans include working, working, working and Sunday, I want to actually accomplish finishing up my projects if I'm called off of work!

1 comment:

smariek said...

I need to work on #6 too; we still have a sea of boxes in our living room, and we moved into our new house over a year ago!

My FFI is here: http://smariek.blogspot.com/2009/01/ffi-106.html

Have a great weekend!