Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas survey

I haven't had the opportunity to upload my pictures from my cousins' visit but we had a great time, they both enjoyed the weather (it's been in the 70's here, needless to say Germany and Ohio just aren't that warm right now), and the sights of the city.  I'll definately share more once I get my pictures uploaded.
 
In leiu of being able to do that right now (work today and karate test tomorrow), I'll share a Christmas survey with you.
 
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? It depends on the gift, I really like to use both.
 
2. Real tree or Artificial?  I've never had a real tree in my life due to travels growing up and ease of use and cost now.
 
 3. When do you put up the tree?  after Thanksgiving.  Typically the day after but sometimes not for another week, week and a half.
 
4. When do you take the tree down?  After the Epiphany in January (otherwise known as the 12th day of Christmas)
 
5. Do you like eggnog?  I don't think so, but I've never had real eggnog.
 
6. Favorite gift received as a child? There were a few, right now I'm coming up with my first radio/tape player but I know there are others too.

7. Hardest person to buy for?  My brothers-in-law
 
8. Easiest person to buy for?   My mom, and techincally I don't have to buy hers.
 
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, I actually have two.  The one I display the most is the one my parents had as I grew up.  When they didn't want to display it anymore I asked for it.  It's only missing two sheep from the set.
 
10. Mail or email or no Christmas cards?  A Christmas letter.
 
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?  Ummm, I can't really say that I have a horrible gift that I've been given.  If I have to choose I would say recieving the same mirror, brush, comb set from one of my relatives two years after they gave it to me the first time.
 
12. Favorite Christmas Movie?  Muppet Christmas Carol
 
13. When do you start Christmas shopping?  Depends on what my plans are.  Typically later than I  need too.
 
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes.
 
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?  White Chocolate dipped pretzels with sprinkles.
 
16. Lights on the tree?  Yes.
 
17. Favorite Christmas song?  Oh, Holy Night especially Josh Groban's version
 
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?  Usually work dictates that answer. 
 
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?  Yes

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? It's been a star in years past but right now we don't have a topper on the tree becauase the one we own is too heavy for the tree we are displaying this year.
 
21. Open presents on Christmas Eve or morning?  Christmas morning all the way.
 
22.A) Most annoying thing about this time of the year?   How mean people become to one another.
 
22.B) Favorite thing about this time of the year?  Enjoying the simple things.
 
23. Favorite ornament theme or color?   No theme, we started off with red and silver in our first year of marriage because they were cheap and now are adding to our collection however we want.  No theme in mind at all.
 
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner?  Lasagna.
 
25. What do you want for Christmas this year?  Not much, just little things.


No comments: