Sunday, June 08, 2008

Gone by too soon...

So, here we are another Sunday. It's gone by way too quickly. As many of you know, I worked a crazy schedule and then had the first of my siblings come down for their vacation.

It was promised to them at the beginning of the school year that if they behaved and tried their hardest in school they would each individually come down to stay with me. Other factors go into it but mostly that was the main rules for being able to come for one on one time that we have not had in a long time.

The first to come was Kelly, the youngest of the group. She had grand plans for us for a long time telling Mom up until she came that she wanted to go to the aquarium and to the beach. And pestering Mom about it as much as she could (at least that's my understanding of it).

Wednesday she "missed" the last day of school to come down and stay with me (as much as you miss when you've been doing nothing but watching movies for the last week and doing no work). That day she hit my knitting meeting with me ("But Melissa," she told me in the truck on the way down, "I don't want to go to a boring meeting." She was fine with going when I told her that it's not boring we play with yarn!)

After the meeting we went to the aquarium where I opted not for photographs but for video (which I still have to upload). That evening after dinner we went to the playground that my neighborhood has and she saw the pool. That was all it took, she no longer wanted to go to the beach she only wanted to go to the pool.

Saves on gas but a little disappointing for me. No matter what I did, I couldn't convince her to go to the beach.

So, that was the rest of the week, going back and forth to the pool.

Needless to say, a water and camera do not mix so I only managed to get pictures this morning of her and I together.

Now the best I'm saving for a Christmas present, but here's another one that I like:



It's hard to get her to really smile for photos.

This morning I met up with my Mom in Columbia and exchanged sisters. She took Kelly home and now Sarah is here with me. Our plans after I finish my shift tomorrow - shop, go to the beach, hit up the aquarium, and see what else we can do.

We've had a cookout today (Chad's BBQ with no BBQ sauce) and have already been to the pool. Luckily Sarah looks forward to jumping waves with me at the beach so she's not going to back out of it.

Another full week ahead!

And that does it for us. I've already reported on the karate test and Chad's fish tank. So, hope everyone has a good week!

No comments: