Sunday, January 06, 2008

An Unorganized Mind. . .

. . .Is indeed what I have. Although I'm trying to get better. I also have given you more posts this week than many are used to. Even with that I have a lot that I want to put into this weeks update. I hope to help aid this but titling what I'm getting ready to talk about.


Movies


This week we have managed to see two movies, National Treasure Book of Secrets and Sweeney Todd the Daemon Barber of Fleet Street.

I loved the first National Treasure movie, which for me is a shocker as I am not usually an action flick sort of person, so I was very excited to see this one. Overall it follows much of the same formula as the first one, and wasn't as exciting but still enough to satisfy me. Not only that but they do gear up within the movie for a third installment that I look forward to. It was fun to see and I enjoyed it.

Sweeney Todd I was hesitant to see, as it is a Tim Burton film and I am not a huge fan of his (love Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, hate Nightmare before Christmas, Edward Scissor Hands is okay, can't even get through The Corpse Bride... see what I mean) but I am a HUGE Johnny Depp fan (he is so talented and has so much range to his characters) as is Chad. Now the reviews on this are harsh because many thought it to be to gory and dark in general but I thought them unfair, especially seeing as it is already a well established musical about a murdering barber making it gory and dark in general before you even film it.
I really ended up liking this one. All the actors did wonderfully, so much effort went into this film and it paid off. I don't have huge familiarity with the story (like I did Rent for example) but know that it stayed true to what I know to be the plot. The murders are gruesome, but as I said before, I knew they would be going in.

Fish

Chad's been keeping himself busy with little things around the house this week (after his rotation was over) and both of us have been waiting on packages to arrive for our respective hobbies. He won as his package has arrived and I'm still waiting on mine.

What wondrous things did his hold:

salt and sand for the tank:

We have had a cold spell and the sand took a little while of sitting on the kitchen floor to defrost:
Filters and an air pump.
I think he's going to work with the tank later on this week.

Karate

My dojo opened back up this week from the holiday break and I'm paying for not practicing as I should with some very sore muscles. But I have to work on through it, as I'm ready to kick everything up a notch to prepare for my testing this year (first one is in March).

Knitting

I'm making lots of progress and just as many steps back as I was able to knit quite a bit on one item I'm making at the CHARMS meeting I talked about earlier this week and letting others just rest. I have several days off coming up later this month in which I plan to get much better organized than I am.

2008 Goals

And last on the list is that I have made two additions to my 2008 goals:

-To not let so many things annoy me by putting the little things into perspective and not letting them get on my nerves.

-Be a better friend by better staying in touch with others.



I believe that wraps it up. As you can read, Chad and I remain status quo, I'm just sharing more of that. I'm sure I'll talk to you all later on in the week!

No comments: