Monday, January 23, 2006

High School

This one seems to be going around all the blogs I read so I may as well throw in my answers:

1) Where did you graduate from and what year?

Class of 2000 Westside High School in Anderson, SC


2) Did you have school pride?

Yes, I was proud to be a Westisde Ram. Even when riding the bus from speech meets. Somehow the line in the alma matter "Rising 'neath the golden sunshine and the blue, blue skies" always sounded better than our rivals "Rising 'neath the golden cornfields . . ." (I can't make something like that up) always sounded better on the bus even when we weren't champs at the Speech and Debate tournaments.


3) Was your prom a night to remember?

I remember both prom nights being fun. My junior prom consisted of going with a group of friends (including my future sis-in-law) dancing and having a good time, taking pictures and then an after party with the group of people that we went with. Wait I think I have pictures:


My sis-in-law, Amanda

Me

My future brother-in-law and me

The after party

My senior prom consisted of going with my boyfriend (now hubby). We had a wonderful time. I remember we ate at Grandma Peaches in Easley so that his father would be able to see us in our prom attire. We then went to the prom (arriving about fourty minutes after it started) and stayed until the end. After that we had a romantic evening talking to each other and then went to breakfast at IHOP. The prom that year was held on the day that we had been together for 9 months. And I think I have one picture I'm able to post from that night:


4) Do you own all 4 Yearbooks?
Yes but three of them are still in my parents attic.


5) What was the worst trouble you ever got into?

Ummm, failing Latin II from what I remember but maybe my mother remembers something different.

6) What kind of people did you hang out with?
The drama crowd. I was pretty much a loner who would hang out with most everyone at one time or another.

7) What was your number 1 choice of College in HS?
Greenville Technical College, at which I started and then decided to play foolish games, blah, blah, blah. Somehow I made it to where I am now.

8) What radio station did you jam out to in high school?
I would have been listening to B93.7, My 102.5, or Lite Rock (now Magic) 98.9

9) Were you involved in any organizations or clubs?
The Drama Club, The Speech and Debate team (captain in my senior year), The Poetry Club, and at one point in time the Key Club

10) What were your favorite classes in High School?
Drama (I think I'm still the only person to ever have gotten to and completed Drama level VIII), English, and Allied Health

11) Who was your big crush in High school?

Well, there was Brad Scott, Joey Oppermann, Chris Haley, Patrick Kirkland, and then Chad (all of the previous were the main people who I remember having crushes on before I met Chad)

12) Would you say you've changed a lot since high school?
Yes and no. I still hold many of the same values in a refined form but have learned a lot since then too changing me in many ways.

13) What do you miss the most about it?

Speech and Debate Tournaments

14) Your worst memory of HS?
I have a lot of bad memories of my senior year, but there are a lot of good ones from that year too. I don't like to dwell on events anymore because they are in the past but I don't know if I would be me without those events.


15) Did you have a car?

Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme SL that I got from my parents at 16 and then traded it during my senior year for my current vehicle a 2000 Nissan Frontier


16) What were your school colors?
Maroon, grey, and white

17) Who were your fav. teachers?
That I had - Ms. Lee, Mrs. Bell. That I never had a class with - Mr. Slusher

18) Did you own a cell phone in high school?

I was given one for my 17th birthday.


19) Did you leave campus for lunch?

On my way too and from the extension campus and drama.


20) If so, where was your fav. place to go eat?

Any place that was fast, lots of McDonalds, Wendy's, and Checker's


21) Were you always late to class?
Very, very rarely and it was usually because of the bus

22) Did you ever have to stay for Saturday School?

To my knowledge they didn't have Saturday School. All of my Speech and Debate Tournaments were on Saturdays though (and they were all day events involving pantyhose, skirts, and heels)


23) Did you ever ditch?

Only an assembly to go to breakfast one time during my junior year


24) What kind of job did you have?

I worked as a cashier for Publix for one year and then I started working as a front desk clerk in a hotel

25) When it comes time for the reunion will you be there?
I don't know. It will depend on a lot of things.


26) Do you wish you were still in high school?

NO! While there were many good things about high school I would never want to do it again. Even if I could do it again knowing what I know now, I wouldn't go through high school again.

No comments: