Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The first of many

I feel today as if my daughter has had her first of many "graduations."  I had to move the slots where the shoulder harness goes through on her carrier and lengthen the belt for the waist.  She's getting so big, on our home scale today she was 11.5 lbs.  Just one pound away from outgrowing most of her current wardrobe.  Which means I'm very happy that I went through her clothes recently and know exactly where the next size is.

She also held two rattles today (I had to give them to her, but then she played with them for awhile) and just in general is looking so much bigger and I'm seeing the little parts of the milestones that she is set to hit (looking at her hands, sucking on her fingers, etc)  I catch myself saying every now and then "I can't wait until it's summer and we can go to the pool" or "I can't wait for her to be able to roll around." and have to stop and tell myself not to wish this away.  

As it is I can't believe it's time for me to go back to work.  First day back will be on Sunday so we will see how that goes.  I guess it's a good thing I take so many pictures, and here are some from today:




In other news, I have a second blog now as part of a challenge to my siblings for the new year.  It's my gratitude journal and how I'm keeping it since I challenged them to do so too.  Initially I was going to provide them with a journal, but I've decided against it and we'll see how long they participate with it (I only have one who says she's going to do it though).  If you want to take a look at that (because you're bored or something) you can find it at http://mysharingspacegratitudejournal.blogspot.com/

And that will do me for tonight as I have to get up again in a few hours.  Later all!

No comments: