Thursday, January 31, 2008

What happened to January?

I can't believe that we are passing into February already. Time has gone by so quickly. But we all lament on that so let's move on.
It's been a full month for me comparatively, and I think it's time for me to review what I've been doing goal wise:
1. With the weight it's back and forth per usual. If I can stick with walking around my neighborhood that would help significantly. Chad and I waiver frequently back and forth motivation wise but we know we really need to get our act together and continue to follow the good habits.
Karate does help with this and I test for my next belt on March 8. I'd better step up my training!
2. Crafting, as you all have seen has been good to me and I have finished many things (including one I haven't shown you yet!) So this is better and I need to keep on the same track as I am.
3. Housekeeping... well, umm. Sure. I'm not doing well yet. This is one area where I have big motivational issues. I'm not sure what to do about it but I really have to improve.
4. Reading more books, at least one new one a month. Yes, while I had my time off from work I finished a book my mom had me borrow from her that I started in October (it was 750+ pages hard back, small print) The Proud Breed by Celeste De Blasis. It follows a couple from the time they meet until their deaths and covers a lot of California history. Mom and I have similar tastes in a lot of books so I did enjoy it and worked hard to finish this one this month.
In addition I also read Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine. I love Ann Hathaway and had really enjoyed her in the move based on this book so I had to read it. Of course, the book - a wonderful take on the classic Cinderella story - surpassed the movie as they changed so much for the movie. This is a good tale that if you want a quick amusing read I would recommend picking up, or if you have children this is a wonderful one to share with them.
5. Writing - failing, I haven't spent much time writing for my personal enjoyment at all... I need to pick that up this month.
6. More positive outlook - I'll just say I'm not letting things bother me as long as they usually would. It's a start.
7. Staying in touch - I'm doing so, so. I'm finding this is a big balance for me but I'm improving slowly.
And that will do me for tonight. This slides in just before midnight, so... hopefully February will be a good month!
Later all!

No comments: