Tuesday, January 08, 2008

7.73 miles...

Aren't I just the chatty one these days? I think this is my fifth day in a row posting. Don't worry, I don't think it can last. I still plan on posting more than before, but I really don't think that I can keep up this schedule.

So anyway, my package arrived in the mail today. Had I not been expecting something, I would have been very confused:
It seems that Webs is into using all things over again. That's fine by me. I opened my box and saw just what I wanted:



Laying it out it all looks like this:

From left to right in the back you have Valley Yarns 2.2 Softball in Periwinkle, Valley Yarns 8/2 Tencel in Dark Teal, and 10/2 Unmercerized Cotton in the color Surplus.

I also got some Eucalan (lavender and eucalyptus) as I plan on having much more hand wash items (its a no rinse soap mainly for wool with lanolin in it to help protect from moths and keep it soft for those who don't know). And had ordered two sets of Susan Bates metal dpns but only one was available. That's okay, I can go to my LYS (that local yarn store) if I find I need the others. Besides, I want to get some sock yarn too.

You can never have too much yarn. Just don't tell Chad that. The yarn that arrived today, if laid end to end would stretch 7.73 miles. No, I'm not kidding. Never mind what else I have in the house. (Shh, we won't speak of it.)

I do have lots of plans though. Both for what has arrived and what's already here. The tencel I plan on using for my feather and fan shawl (listed in the side bar) but I'm trying to decide if I want to bead it or not as I go along. The Softball I plan on using for some type of baby item or top (I don't believe I really want to put a mother through a hand wash only item but some people I know may be more receptive to it so I'm on the fence.) The unmercerized cotton I plan on another shawl for but I don't know what pattern yet.

Well, I'd better get to knitting. That's a lot of mileage to go through. And I promise to finish the items on my needles before starting something else.

Yea, right. Who am I kidding? I'm off to swatch now.

No comments: