Thursday, December 28, 2006

Gearing up for the New Year

It feels like my world has revolved more quickly than everyone elses sine I last posted on Sunday and yet has remained painfully slow at the same time. Visiting family was great. Both Chad and I recieved some wonderful gifts that we are very appreciative for.

But unfortunately as much as the "main stream" culture in the US wants life to pause for the holiday work showed me just how much life marches on despite what others want. The little one I took on as a primary passed away Monday night. It was meant to be but it is still hard to bear that news.

For me the rest of the work week has been just as challenging as I said before, because life doesn't stop to pause. I'm just glad for the few days of rest before I have to go in on Sunday night.

Chad has spent his time organizing our utility room and trying to clean the kitchen and living room for me to turn around and mess up yet again. I'll have to fix that while I'm off tonight and he's working.

Other than that we are leading our normal day to day lives and I'm trying to gear up yet again for the new year. This year I set resolutions and did better than I had before at keeping them but they still ended up broken before June. The way I figure it, each time has got to get better so I'm hard at work deciding what to do for 2007. I will be posting those on Sunday.

Look forward to that and I'd love to hear what the rest of you are thinking of doing. I'll leave you all with a few more pictures today just to cheer me up.

Later!

This is the picture that I kept under wraps for Christmas presents. It was taken the same day as the picture that went out with our Christmas letter.

Taken at Disney. Kind of wish that I was still there...

Knitting, this will be involved somehow with resolutions.


These two are my pictures that I have used some of my software to edit a little. I was just expirimenting and seeing what effects that I could get.

P.S. Oh, and I found this to be a very funny story in the news today.

No comments: