Monday, March 20, 2006

My most unusual Pet

I have discovered that I have the most unusual pet. It is not a pet that anyone else has, or would even think of having. It is not a pet that I chose either.

This pet chose me.

He goes with me back and forth to work, he goes shopping with me. And I insist that he stay outside.

In fact, I don't want him at all.

Let me show you why.

This is my truck:
DSC_0013

This is the door to the gas tank on my truck:
DSCN2276

And see, my little pet is even there waiting on me.

What's that, you can't make out my pet yet. Let me get you closer:
DSCN2280

That's correct. That is a wasp building a nest on my gas tank door. He's been there for about two weeks now. Maybe a little longer. When I get my gas (usually about once every week and a half) it is usually so early in the morning that he's sleeping and just holds out his wings at being disturbed. But even today, being awake, he sat quietly and let me take his picture.

See, here's a close up:
DSCN2279

I don't know how he got in there. I don't really care. All I know is that I've got to find where I put that spray!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*gasp* you're going to kill you're own pet?! I guess I should be sensitive and refer to it as "putting it down"

;-)