Saturday, March 04, 2006

I feel accomplished!

I think I've missed the past two fridays at posting random photos and have I got one for you!

Okay, here you go:


I did not edit this picture at all. You get it in all of it's blury glory just to prove it is a real photo. Don't believe me, ask my husband. And if you're ever down this way I'll show it to you!

Oh, wait. Here's another one that is cropped that shows it to you a little bit better. Just remember that these were taken from a moving vehicle.


In other news I passed over my own semi-hurdle at work the other night when I cared for my first one-on-one baby since coming off of orientation and he is very sick. I got through everything and even recieved a compliment from the Neonatal Nurse Practitioner (NNP) that was caring for him that night. That really means a lot to me seeing as I am still scared of the career path that I've chosen even though I love it so much!

I'm such a sap, the fact that the NNP told me that I did a really good job caring for him and handling the situations from that night, makes me feel so much better. On top of that, just the fact that the charge nurse on day shift that day told me that she willingly gave me this baby to take care of (wasn't forced into it from any other situations going on, she willingly assigned me this baby) makes me feel so much better about everything.

It means that people notice that I am doing a good job and am not into nursing for the "money". It means that they know this is my lifes calling and this is what I want to do.

Do forgive me. I have to celebrate my small accomplishments because when it comes to my career I still have a few esteem problems.

Anyway, I'm off to do one of two things. Either play with my camera or clean my second bedroom in preparation for my family coming.

Gee, I wonder which one will win.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! So does that skate drive around? Or is it just a sculpture that just sits there in the parking lot?

Oh that must have felt good! It always feels good to hear affirmation from someone more experienced in your field, even if you're perfectly secure and sure of yourself.

Melissa said...

I don't know if it drives around or not, I've only seen it parked so far and it's not parked in front of the skating rink.